Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keyboard not working unable to switch back MacOS

I have a 5 year old iMac running the latest MacOS. I run Windows 7 through Boot Camp for the first time from Startup Disk. Now I can’t use Option to select startup disk, it doesn’t display any disk and jump directly to Windows after the sound and few sounds black screen, it seems like I never press anything. Not only this Option key not working but also Command R or Command Option R don’t work either. I tried on other Apple USB keyboard it result the some thing. Once go into Windows system I’m be able to use those keyboards to enter password and other stuff, looks like it only not working during the startup period...

Moreover, I don’t see Macintosh HD under Bootcamp control panel in windows. Even I select restart from OS X in Boot Camp application, still it startup in Windows.

Any ideas what happened there and what to do to recover my MacOS...

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Jul 1, 2019 8:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 2, 2019 7:32 PM

Hi Loner T,

Turns out the issue related to wireless Keyboard, seems like iMac can't recognise USB Keyboard if wireless Keyboard connected at Startup period. And wireless Keyboard may have certain delay of the connection. Once I switch it off, and press "Option" key on USB Keyboard I'm able to select the disk from there.

Thanks again for all your kindly help.

Have a wonderful day!

Similar questions

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 2, 2019 7:32 PM in response to Loner T

Hi Loner T,

Turns out the issue related to wireless Keyboard, seems like iMac can't recognise USB Keyboard if wireless Keyboard connected at Startup period. And wireless Keyboard may have certain delay of the connection. Once I switch it off, and press "Option" key on USB Keyboard I'm able to select the disk from there.

Thanks again for all your kindly help.

Have a wonderful day!

Jul 1, 2019 7:07 PM in response to Loner T

Hi Loner,

Thanks for your reply.

The problem here is keyboard not response in any short cut key during start up period... I tried the option you offer for "command + option + P + R" it results the same thing which startup at Windows...

I don't remember exactly Mojave. x it may be 10.14.4

Keyboard not working unable to switch back MacOS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.