Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Songs say they need computer authorization but computer is already authorized

I purchased some new songs from the iTunes store on my iPhone and when I went to iTunes I decided to download the songs to my computer through iCloud instead of syncing the phone to download them. Maybe I clicked all the little cloud buttons too fast or something because a few of the new songs will not play.

When I click a song the error message states: This computer is not authorized to play "(song name)". Would you like to authorize it?. I put in my password and click Authorize and iTunes freezes.

I've attempted logging in and out of my iTunes account, de-authorizing and authorizing my computer, and deleting the SC Info folder.

This problem only occurs with the songs when attempted to be played on iTunes not on the iPhone by the way.

What can I do to try to play my songs from iTunes?

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Jul 1, 2019 10:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 2, 2019 8:30 AM

Typically this indicates an incomplete or corrupt download. Delete the copies that you have without hiding from your purchase history. Close iTunes and reopen. Redownload using the cloud links in your library.

tt2

Similar questions

3 replies

Songs say they need computer authorization but computer is already authorized

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.