Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2016 MacBook Pro 15" not charging

I've read on here that people will plug in their computer and it will say "battery not charging", and an smc reset normally fixes things. But this started when my MacBook was on 15% battery. I plugged it in and it didn't recognize the charger. No chime, no battery not charging text, nothing. It inevitably died then shortly after I was able to reset the smc and it started charging again. Fully charged I used it a few days and it died while I was away. Normal battery time. I went to charge it and again it didn't even acknowledge I plugged it in. Smc reset didn't do anything this time and after getting off work it's completely dead so I'm not sure an smc reset will even work now. I bought this in 2017. Will apple replace or repair this for free? I'd understand if they didn't if this was my fault, but it seems like this is faulty hardware. Any help would be appreciated.

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.14

Posted on Jul 2, 2019 2:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 2, 2019 8:53 PM

Unless the laptop is still covered by AppleCare or the laptop qualifies for one of the free Apple repair programs public or undisclosed, you will need to pay for the repair. The only way to know for sure is to take it to an Apple Store or an Apple Authorized Service Provider to be examined.

Similar questions

1 reply

2016 MacBook Pro 15" not charging

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.