Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What happened to my Safari Bookmarks?

When I used Safari today, all my Bookmarks have vanished, only the Apple favourites (Apple, iCloud,Yahoo, Google etc.) are shown.

I used Safari a day earlier and all bookmarks were there. What happened?

I always leave my Mac in Sleep mode when not using it.

Some suggestions were to look for a file Bookmarks.plist inside a Safari folder in the Library folder but there is no Safari folder.

Using iMac 27" with System 10.13.6

Any suggestions? Thanks.

iMac 27", 10.13

Posted on Jul 2, 2019 6:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 2, 2019 7:14 PM

To see the Safari folder, go to Finder and select your user/home folder. With that Finder window as the front window, either select Finder/View/Show View options or go command - J.  When the View options opens, check ’Show Library Folder’. That should make your user library folder visible in your user/home folder.  Select Library.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 2, 2019 7:14 PM in response to Didier

To see the Safari folder, go to Finder and select your user/home folder. With that Finder window as the front window, either select Finder/View/Show View options or go command - J.  When the View options opens, check ’Show Library Folder’. That should make your user library folder visible in your user/home folder.  Select Library.

What happened to my Safari Bookmarks?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.