Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Copying individual songs from iTunes "Server" to iTunes clients

I had this working with my old MacBook Pro, but can't seem to get it to work with my new one...

I have a Windows Server running iTunes with HomeSharing enabled. I'm able to stream music from it on my new MacBook Pro, and HomeSharing is enabled on it as well.

However, I want to be able to copy music from the server onto my client for when I go to DJ or somewhere else away from my house.

Like I said, I had this working with my original MBP, so I know nothing changed on the server side.

Posted on Jul 2, 2019 7:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 4, 2019 9:10 AM

See Import media using Home Sharing in iTunes on Mac - Apple Support.

tt2

Similar questions

3 replies

Jul 4, 2019 4:03 PM in response to turingtest2

Thank you! But where is the "Show" pop-up menu? I selected my server as the library, but I don't see a Show option at the bottom, but rather just "Josh's Media Server" and "Music Playlists"

Edit: Nevermind... I forgot you need to turn on Home Sharing besides in the general settings of iTunes... That also then allows me to drag/drop like I remember.

Thank you!

Copying individual songs from iTunes "Server" to iTunes clients

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.