Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

os sierra music upload to icloud

I am subscribed to apple music. I have an old mac with os Sierra, and Itunes with my own musiclibrary, which has always been synced with my ipad and iphone. For some time this sync does not work anymore (titles are depicted grey) and I understand that apple wants us to move music to the cloud. Then my devices can play my own music again, not by syncing anymore with the Mac, but via accessing icloud.

I am willing to migrate my musiclibrary of my Mac to icloud. However in Music Settings of my OS Sierra Mac the option “synchronization library” is not available.

so how can i migrate my OS Sierra musiclibrary to the Icloud?

Posted on Aug 22, 2021 11:48 AM

Similar questions

7 replies

Aug 23, 2021 7:40 AM in response to turingtest2

Have you installed iTunes 12.8.3 for Mac? The feature will be called iCloud Music Library rather than Sync Library, but you should find it somewhere if you are signed into your Apple ID, have authorized the computer to it, and have an active subscription to either Apple Music or iTunes Match. Apple Music should work on OS X 10.9.5 upwards.

tt2

Aug 24, 2021 3:24 AM in response to turingtest2

Unfortunately the iML option does not appear in the General tab.

i have for many years two apple-ids. The first one for buying music and apps in the store. the second one is an old me.com account, which i use as same apple-id across my devices. Together they are in a family structure where the me.com is the child.

When i sign in on itunes it refuses my first apple-id, and prompts with the me.com. Signing in with that one is successful.

would this be relevant for the fact that iML option does not appear in General tab?

os sierra music upload to icloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.