Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

music library and iCloud

Hi,

I live in an area where Wi-Fi can be intermittent. I would like my music therefor stored on my computer itself, rather than in iCloud. I have tried to create a library that was local (holding down option key when opening Music (and have gone to Music preferences and reset etc.) however the Music always defaults to a library apparently in iCloud (I know this because when I turn off Wi-Fi the music is unavailable.) Synch library in preferences is off, iCloud preferences don't have a Music option to check.

So what can I do (again in order to have all my music on my computer itself recognized by a Music library)(the music actually is on the computer, I can play it by selecting it in its folder, but I can't get a music library to reference it).

thanks in advance, Ray

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on May 31, 2020 4:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 2, 2020 12:20 PM

Hello Raymond,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities!

I understand from your question that you want to be able to download music for offline listening. I can certainly help you with this!

This article will be a good resource for you. It will walk you through the necessary steps to resolve the question.

Use Apple Music to download music or add it to your library

"On your computer

1. Open the Music app or iTunes. 
  2. Find music that you want to add to your library.
  3. To add a song to your library, click the add button . To add an entire album or playlist, click +Add.
  4. To download music so you can listen to it offline, add it to your library. Then click the download button . Or find a playlist in the sidebar and click the download button .
  5. If you want to access your music library across all of your devices, turn on Sync Library."

I hope this is able to resolve your issue. If you have any more questions or this does not resolve your issue, please reach back out on the thread!

Cheers.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 2, 2020 12:20 PM in response to Raymond Nelson

Hello Raymond,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities!

I understand from your question that you want to be able to download music for offline listening. I can certainly help you with this!

This article will be a good resource for you. It will walk you through the necessary steps to resolve the question.

Use Apple Music to download music or add it to your library

"On your computer

1. Open the Music app or iTunes. 
  2. Find music that you want to add to your library.
  3. To add a song to your library, click the add button . To add an entire album or playlist, click +Add.
  4. To download music so you can listen to it offline, add it to your library. Then click the download button . Or find a playlist in the sidebar and click the download button .
  5. If you want to access your music library across all of your devices, turn on Sync Library."

I hope this is able to resolve your issue. If you have any more questions or this does not resolve your issue, please reach back out on the thread!

Cheers.

music library and iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.