Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch activity inaccuracy

Hi all,

My girlfriend and I both have a 4th gen Apple Watches and have recalibrated, checked the settings, followed all the advice on the pages provided, double and triple checked, and we still have huge differences on our steps, distance, exercise and movement. We have been on holiday in Japan and done the exact same things each day, so we have definitely have traveled the same distance, yet I have more steps than she does and she is considerably shorter than me.

Seems like these watches aren’t accurate at all, and this is one of the most important features to us both.

What can we do?

Thanks,

Craig

Apple Watch Series 4, watchOS 5

Posted on Jul 2, 2019 8:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 9, 2019 3:07 PM

Both watches are still within Apple’s 12 month warranty. I suggest Contact Support and explain the problem, maybe arrange to get the movement sensors checked.

The other option would be to swap watches before the next walk, and see where the differences go.

Similar questions

1 reply

Apple Watch activity inaccuracy

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.