Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Playlists missing from Apple Music on iPhone

My playlists have disappeared from Apple Music on my iPhone. My iCloud Music Library is on in Settings, so the general advice to make sure it’s turned on isn’t solving my problem. I’ve turned it on and off. I signed into iTunes on my PC and played some of playlists with no problem, and I can see them in my played music history in Apple Music on my phone, but I still cannot directly access my playlists on my phone.

iPhone XS, iOS 12

Posted on Jul 2, 2019 9:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 3, 2019 6:04 AM

Thank you for the response. I figured out what the issue was, and it’s so simple but I saw this advice NOWHERE: in the Music app, in the Library, I clicked Edit in the upper right, and saw that Playlist was turned off from my Library view. I don’t know how or why it was toggled off, but that was the issue.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 3, 2019 6:04 AM in response to Vancouver22

Thank you for the response. I figured out what the issue was, and it’s so simple but I saw this advice NOWHERE: in the Music app, in the Library, I clicked Edit in the upper right, and saw that Playlist was turned off from my Library view. I don’t know how or why it was toggled off, but that was the issue.

Jul 2, 2019 10:31 PM in response to cheeky82

The advice is to:

Turn iCloud Music Library off, then on again

On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch:

1. Go to Settings > Music, then tap iCloud Music Library to turn it off.
    2. Close Settings.
    3. Go to Settings > Music, then tap iCloud Music Library to turn it on.
    4. Turn on “Show Apple Music”

If you’ve done the above then it might be your internet connection

• Close the Apple Music App
  • Update iPhone Software. 
  • Reset Network Settings
  • Restart Your Device
  • Sign out of Apple ID and sign back in 
  • Turn off and back on "Show Apple Music”

Playlists missing from Apple Music on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.