Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Playlists missing on new iphone 13

icloud music library does not appear in my music settings on my new iphone 13. I am unable to follow the advice

Posted on Oct 28, 2021 10:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 29, 2021 11:39 AM

Hi wvbinhsv,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

We understand that your music and playlists are missing from your new iPhone 13, is that correct? We want to help. Are you subscribed to Apple Music? If so, are you signed in with your Apple ID? If so, you want to make sure to Turn on Sync Library with Apple Music - Apple Support.

If you are signed in, have you tried to redownload your songs? Here’s how to Redownload music.

Also, please look at this article that talks about If songs are missing from your music library after you turn on Sync Library.

Best Regards!

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 29, 2021 11:39 AM in response to wvbinhsv

Hi wvbinhsv,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

We understand that your music and playlists are missing from your new iPhone 13, is that correct? We want to help. Are you subscribed to Apple Music? If so, are you signed in with your Apple ID? If so, you want to make sure to Turn on Sync Library with Apple Music - Apple Support.

If you are signed in, have you tried to redownload your songs? Here’s how to Redownload music.

Also, please look at this article that talks about If songs are missing from your music library after you turn on Sync Library.

Best Regards!

Oct 30, 2021 6:06 AM in response to wvbinhsv

Hi wvbinhsv,

Thank you for explaining further. Have you tried restarting and checking again? If not, here's how Restart your iPhone.

If a restart doesn't help, is your iPhone updated? The most recent version iOS 15.1. It's a good idea to back up your iPhone before updating. 

Here’s How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.

Here’s how to Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

Reach out with any questions. 

Best Regards! 

Oct 31, 2021 9:39 AM in response to Lori_G7

Still no help. When I connect my iphone13 to my windows 10, I can view the contents. The music library shows the songs in alphabetical order but when I try to sort by column headings, nothing happens. I can select a contiguous set of songs but when I go to the file menu, the playlist items are grayed out, as are all of the items.

I have updated all software on both my phone and my windows 10. I restarted my phone.

Has anyone else had a similar problem.

I have been using iTunes for years, and only had this problem when I got a new phone and transferred the contents from my old phone. My music library has about 80 Gigs of classical music.

Playlists missing on new iphone 13

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.