Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple music newbie question

I have just recently got apple music so am obviously new to the whole thing. I just downloaded a bunch of songs on my phone through the music app and clicked the cloud with the downward arrow to download them all, but once i sync my phone to my pc none of the new songs appear under my device in itunes.

I can create a new playlist in itunes with all my new music and it will appear on my phone but still not showing up under device.

Is this even something I need to worry about?

Also once i've downloaded the songs either on my phone or pc do they require wifi or data to play them?

Posted on Jul 2, 2019 10:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 3, 2019 8:07 AM

… once i sync my phone to my pc …

Syncing with Apple Music and the iCloud Music Library is done through the internet, very unlike the ‘classic’ way. The tracks from Apple Music can’t be shared with other devices directly. If you want to download them, they must be downloaded from the internet on each device separately.

Obviously, these devices should use the same Apple ID to access the same iCloud Music Library for the same subscription.

Access your music collection on all of your devices with Apple Music - Apple Support

Turn on iCloud Music Library with Apple Music - Apple Support

Also once i've downloaded the songs either on my phone or pc do they require wifi or data to play them?

No, downloading to your device is facilitated precisely for offline situations.

Add and download music and video content from the Apple Music catalog - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 3, 2019 8:07 AM in response to cheifs1717

… once i sync my phone to my pc …

Syncing with Apple Music and the iCloud Music Library is done through the internet, very unlike the ‘classic’ way. The tracks from Apple Music can’t be shared with other devices directly. If you want to download them, they must be downloaded from the internet on each device separately.

Obviously, these devices should use the same Apple ID to access the same iCloud Music Library for the same subscription.

Access your music collection on all of your devices with Apple Music - Apple Support

Turn on iCloud Music Library with Apple Music - Apple Support

No, downloading to your device is facilitated precisely for offline situations.

Add and download music and video content from the Apple Music catalog - Apple Support

apple music newbie question

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.