Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPods losing connection to iPhone

After using my AirPods for a few hours, I charge the AirPods in the case over night. The next day when using them, I get a low battery indicator from one AirPod and they disconnect from my iPhone. I put them back in the case, wait a few seconds and take them out - this continues over a period of one hour until I give up and just let them sit in the case for a few hours. After that - they work with no problems. It just seems to be after a full night of charging they 'think' they are low on battery when in fact they have been fully charged. I think this is a firmware issue and the full charge is not recognized by the firmware and it treats the AirPods as if they have a low battery. Any advice or help is appreciated. I have done a hard reset on the iPhone and all software on the phone is up to date.

Posted on Jul 3, 2019 7:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 3, 2019 12:52 PM

Hello,

If the problems persist, try a full reset:

Reset your AirPods

Good luck.

1 reply

AirPods losing connection to iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.