Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple News

App starts but stays on opening page and doesn't load. iPad iOS 10.3.3. Re-installed app, reset all settings, restored iPad from iCloud backup. Still doing it.

iPad, iOS 10

Posted on Jul 3, 2019 7:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 7, 2019 2:35 PM

I saw in a post on a different subject to try going into DFU (Devive Firmware Update) mode. This, apparently, is the nuclear option to be used as a last resort. Since I had tried every other thing, I thought, why not? I've got nothing to lose so that's what I did. Unfortunately, the only restore option was from iTunes. I had been using iCloud for backups for quite a while. My last iTunes backup was two years old. It actually worked quite well. I had to re download a few apps but it cleaned up the iPad and I recovered some space as well. Had to go thru setup and first time sign on for a bunch of stuff but problem solved. Apple News works again.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 7, 2019 2:35 PM in response to melodyfrommechanicsburg

I saw in a post on a different subject to try going into DFU (Devive Firmware Update) mode. This, apparently, is the nuclear option to be used as a last resort. Since I had tried every other thing, I thought, why not? I've got nothing to lose so that's what I did. Unfortunately, the only restore option was from iTunes. I had been using iCloud for backups for quite a while. My last iTunes backup was two years old. It actually worked quite well. I had to re download a few apps but it cleaned up the iPad and I recovered some space as well. Had to go thru setup and first time sign on for a bunch of stuff but problem solved. Apple News works again.

Jul 4, 2019 2:43 PM in response to melodyfrommechanicsburg

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities, melodyfrommechanicsburg.

If I understand your post correctly, the Apple News app will not load on your iPad. I’d like to help.

It sounds like you've done some great troubleshooting already. Let's get your iPad up-to-date first. Follow the steps in this article:

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Then check out this article for help with the Apple News app:

Read the latest headlines in the Apple News app

Let us know if that resolves this issue for you. 

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. Take care.

Apple News

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.