Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple TV won't connect to iCloud

My apple TV 3rd gen will not connect to my iCloud account. Every time I try to sign in, its unable to and could not communicate with the server.

Posted on Jul 4, 2019 10:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 7, 2019 6:14 PM

Finally figured out my problem.

1. sign in with iCloud account user name
  2. in your settings with another apple device connected to iCloud, request a authorization number.
  3. enter you iCloud password followed by authorization number. (Passwordxxx-xxx) xxx-xxx represents the authorization code.
  4. make sure you press ok with authorization code on other device, then enter password and code together.

hope this helps and explained clearly to everybody.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 7, 2019 6:14 PM in response to rybajkov

Finally figured out my problem.

1. sign in with iCloud account user name
  2. in your settings with another apple device connected to iCloud, request a authorization number.
  3. enter you iCloud password followed by authorization number. (Passwordxxx-xxx) xxx-xxx represents the authorization code.
  4. make sure you press ok with authorization code on other device, then enter password and code together.

hope this helps and explained clearly to everybody.

apple TV won't connect to iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.