Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I download an accordion sound for GarageBand 10

I'm running GarageBand 10 on my MacBook Air and I want to download an accordion sound for my midi keyboard. The problem is I don't know where to download this sound. Everything I've read online says I either need the "World Music Jam Pack" thing or I just have to get it from some 3rd party source. I can't seem to figure out how to get this jam pack thing. And all the 3rd party providers say the accordion is no longer available. So what do I do? I have all the available instruments downloaded onto my mac. But I need an accordion sound. How can I get this?

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on Jul 5, 2019 3:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 6, 2019 3:30 AM

The JamPack World Music has been sold separately on installer DVDs and is no longer sold. It has been quite expensive. But if you purchase MainStage 3, all five jamPacks will be installed as part of the bundle. And they will appear in GarageBand and Logic in the Legacy section of the library. There are two Accordions in the Jam Pack World Music, Tango Accordion and Polka Accordion, plus some nice accordion loops.

When you download all sounds for MainStage and install them, they will appear automatically in GarageBands Sound Library. MainStage will install a lot of sounds. You may want to be selective, when downloading the MainStage sounds. They require a lot of storage.

Once you installed MainStage, go to the menu MainStage 3 > Sound library > Open Sound Library Manager.

You will now see a list of all available sounds. Open the "Legacy" section to find the Jam Packs. I would primarily install the Jam Packs.

After you downloaded the loops and instruments, go to the Loops panel in GarageBand and scroll down to "Reindex all Loops". Then restart the Mac to update the sound library. Now GarageBand should be seeing the additional instruments. You can use the JamPacks directly from the Library panel in GarageBand. Just click the Legacy section in the sound library, when you select the patch for a software instrument track. And the loops should appear in the Loop browser.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 6, 2019 3:30 AM in response to computerjedi

The JamPack World Music has been sold separately on installer DVDs and is no longer sold. It has been quite expensive. But if you purchase MainStage 3, all five jamPacks will be installed as part of the bundle. And they will appear in GarageBand and Logic in the Legacy section of the library. There are two Accordions in the Jam Pack World Music, Tango Accordion and Polka Accordion, plus some nice accordion loops.

When you download all sounds for MainStage and install them, they will appear automatically in GarageBands Sound Library. MainStage will install a lot of sounds. You may want to be selective, when downloading the MainStage sounds. They require a lot of storage.

Once you installed MainStage, go to the menu MainStage 3 > Sound library > Open Sound Library Manager.

You will now see a list of all available sounds. Open the "Legacy" section to find the Jam Packs. I would primarily install the Jam Packs.

After you downloaded the loops and instruments, go to the Loops panel in GarageBand and scroll down to "Reindex all Loops". Then restart the Mac to update the sound library. Now GarageBand should be seeing the additional instruments. You can use the JamPacks directly from the Library panel in GarageBand. Just click the Legacy section in the sound library, when you select the patch for a software instrument track. And the loops should appear in the Loop browser.

How do I download an accordion sound for GarageBand 10

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.