Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't find classical grand sound on Garageband on macbook

Hi everyone,

Recently I've been messing around with garageband on my macbook and I want to play my music with classical grand but I can't find it in the sound library. All there is under "piano" is the steinway grand piano which sounds different from classical grand and a bunch of electric piano sounds under vintage electric piano.

I can find classical grand on the garageband app on my iphone but not on macbook. What is going on and how to I find it?

Help would be very much appreciated!

Posted on Jul 13, 2019 2:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 13, 2019 3:28 AM

The instruments on the iPhone and the Mac are different. Not all iPhone instruments are available on the Mac and vice versa.

You may want to create the piano track on your iPhone and share the audio file to your Mac, if you prefer the iPhone sound.

1 reply

Can't find classical grand sound on Garageband on macbook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.