Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to Upload photos from Photos app to forum

Hi guys, I need your help please. I tried to upload some photos from my Mac's Photos library to a forum today but the Photos library was greyed out. Any idea what's gone wrong?

I've attached a screen shot below. I had to save this to my Desktop as I am able to upload from there. I just can't import from the Photos library.

Posted on Jul 6, 2019 3:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 6, 2019 10:32 AM

You do its this way:

Bottom line: go down to the Media/Photos section in the browser's sidebar.

4 replies

Jul 12, 2019 10:14 AM in response to A1ps

You could create a smart album that contains all of the photos in the library and have it sort with the newest at the top. Place that smart album at the top of the Albums sidebar so it's easy to get to in the browser window.

Here are a couple of ways you can create that smart album:

And then sort them this way:

Jul 12, 2019 1:41 AM in response to Old Toad

Hi mate. Thank you very much. I feel a bit silly now :-)

Is it normal that when I do it this way my oldest photos are at the top and I then have to scroll all the way down to my most recent photos?

Also, the actual pictures screen is tiny compared to the list of albums. I then have to resize everything overtime I go to upload.

Unable to Upload photos from Photos app to forum

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.