Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook air hardware issue...help!

My MacBook Air 2013 randomly shutdown yesterday while I was using it. When I restarted I was taken to the login screen and entered my password and it stayed at 100% progress for hours. Showed 100% progress but never !over past this point. I chatted with an Apple rep who had me do all the steps I've already found online as well such as NVRAM, PRAM, SCM, safe mode, internet recovery mode etc and still no progress. For example in recovery mode I click "disk utility" to try first aid but it's stuck on "loading disk", never moves on. I tried the reinstall MacOs option but again never moves on to next step. Apple rep says it's some sort of hardware issue but can't identify it. No appointments at Apple until late on Monday so I thought I'd check here to see if anyone else has any other solutions to try?? Fingers crossed!!

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on Jul 6, 2019 12:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 6, 2019 12:49 PM

Based on what you have described, it may be a faulty HDD/SSD that is the cause. If possible see if you can run Apple Diagnostics to see if it can identify any hardware issues.

Ref: How to use Apple Diagnostics on your Mac - Apple Support

Similar questions

4 replies

Macbook air hardware issue...help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.