Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Artwork Screensaver: Shows Black Screen, Doesn't Work

Hello,

My iTunes Artwork Screensaver does not work anymore. It shows a black screen, there is no longer any illustrations, the only thing shown is the Exit button in the lower right corner.

I'm on macOS Mojave. My iTunes Library is correctly set up. I've tried deleting the album artwork cache so that it could be build from scratch, but it did not fix the problem.

I deleted a folder called "iLife Media Support" by accident from my Application Support folder.

Can anyone please help me? It's the second time that happens to me. First time, I solved it by copying back the iLife Media Support folder from another Mac back into my Application Support folder. I tried this again, but it did not work this time.

I also tried creating another user and it does not work either.

Thanks.

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.14

Posted on Jul 7, 2019 10:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 7, 2019 10:47 AM

You must have been the only one. It doesn't play the songs when you click on one of the covers.

At any rate, You can try running the Mojave 10.14.5 Combo update. It may replace whatever is broken.

5 replies

iTunes Artwork Screensaver: Shows Black Screen, Doesn't Work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.