Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

locked iphone

i had recently bought an iphone off of ebay. when it arrived i tried to set it up and it says activation lock i would like help i could also send proof of pay through ebay i would also like to add i tried to reach out to the seller but i get no response.

iPhone 8 Plus

Posted on Jul 8, 2019 2:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 8, 2019 2:31 PM

If you can't contact the seller to have them log out of iCloud or go to iCloud.com/Find My Phone and erase the device, then remove it from their account. If you can’t do that, the device is useless. Apple will not unlock it unless you have a copy of the original purchase receipt with the serial number on it.

Activation Lock - Turn off Find My iPhone 

EBay has a return policy. Contact them.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 8, 2019 2:31 PM in response to naszir32

If you can't contact the seller to have them log out of iCloud or go to iCloud.com/Find My Phone and erase the device, then remove it from their account. If you can’t do that, the device is useless. Apple will not unlock it unless you have a copy of the original purchase receipt with the serial number on it.

Activation Lock - Turn off Find My iPhone 

EBay has a return policy. Contact them.

locked iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.