Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Activation lock question

Hey i have question about activation lock. I bought an iPhone 11 from eBay and it has activation locked, I tried to contact the seller he didn't answer me Please what to do?

Posted on Aug 21, 2020 11:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 21, 2020 11:32 AM

See Turn off Activation Lock https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201441If you acquired your device second hand from an individual (almost invariably not the prior legal owner), you will need to obtain the needed password from the prior legal owner (almost invariably not the seller) or have the prior legal owner sign out of iCloud; erase the device; and remove it from their device list. If you cannot do so, then the device is useless to you.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 21, 2020 11:32 AM in response to nayef113

See Turn off Activation Lock https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201441If you acquired your device second hand from an individual (almost invariably not the prior legal owner), you will need to obtain the needed password from the prior legal owner (almost invariably not the seller) or have the prior legal owner sign out of iCloud; erase the device; and remove it from their device list. If you cannot do so, then the device is useless to you.

Aug 21, 2020 11:32 AM in response to nayef113

Kiss you money goodbye. You've been scammed. File a claim with eBay to get your money back.

Activation Lock Problem

If you purchased the device second-hand, then it is useless without the Apple ID and password to which it is locked. If you don't have it, can't remember it or cannot get it, then the device is useless to you. Try to get your money refunded, if you can, or take it to an Apple store for an exchange provided they will help you. If you are the original owner, then take the device, a copy of your purchase receipt and identity proof to an Apple retailer where they may be able to assist you. For a deceased owner see How to request access to a deceased family member's Apple accounts - Apple Support. Note: there is no guarantee that anyone can gain access to the device.

About Activation Lock on your Mac - Apple Support.

Activation Lock - Turn off Find My iPhone.

About Activation Lock on your Apple Watch - Apple Support.

Turn off Activation Lock - Apple Support.

Need  to  disable  Activation  Lock  on an  iPhone  or  iPad?

Activation lock question

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.