Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

The all-new Logic Pro for iPad and Mac delivers breakthrough music-making experiences. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My audio file plays fine on garageband but gets muted mid-song on logic

Just bought Logic Pro X. I am excited. I open my garageband audio file to keep working on it on logic pro x.. Song starts, all good here, I am excited... then.. there's no sound! I see the movements of sound on the tracks but no sound whatsoever. I have checked inputs device.

Also: I noticed that at times even amazon music or youtube won't play sound after the song on logic has been abruptly muted!... if i restart youtube or amazon music/ close logic, the sound is back. Any ideas?

I have macbook air 1.8 GHz Intel Core i5, 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3.

When I play the audio file on garage band runs smoothly. What could be wrong? Has anyone experienced something similar? how do i fix it? I am dissapointed i am having problems with Logic so soon from buying it already! I thought was/is better than garage band!

Thanks!

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on Jul 8, 2019 4:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 9, 2019 10:21 AM

Better/worse is not in play. It may be a simple adjustment, or the fact that you are using Logic on a relatively underpowered Macbook air. Being a professional level program means learning the ins and outs of the application. Dump the excitement for now and take time to learn about Logics preferences.

Go into Logic's Preferences/Audio and enable All of the advanced tools, all of them! Then quit and restart Logic. Again go to the same place Logic's Preferences/Audio and make these adjustments. Set the I/O Buffer to 256. Set Multithreading to "Playback Tracks". Quit Logic, Restart the Computer. Dont run any other applications except Logic. Load your project, does it play all the way through?

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 9, 2019 10:21 AM in response to Joe_Wild

Better/worse is not in play. It may be a simple adjustment, or the fact that you are using Logic on a relatively underpowered Macbook air. Being a professional level program means learning the ins and outs of the application. Dump the excitement for now and take time to learn about Logics preferences.

Go into Logic's Preferences/Audio and enable All of the advanced tools, all of them! Then quit and restart Logic. Again go to the same place Logic's Preferences/Audio and make these adjustments. Set the I/O Buffer to 256. Set Multithreading to "Playback Tracks". Quit Logic, Restart the Computer. Dont run any other applications except Logic. Load your project, does it play all the way through?

Jul 9, 2019 4:13 PM in response to Pancenter

Thanks a lot! At first I thought this was a forum were apple staff would reply, hence I was being dramatic about it in hopes I'd get help/they would fix the bug. I see it really is only other producers/musicians/artist helping each other, which may be better than some professional staff at times.

Whatever it was my track played just fine now It may have been the latest Logic update (10.2.6), or what you told me fixed it. I trust I wont have this kind of problem in the future, specially since I am going to produce from Logic from scratch now instead of importing from GarageBand.

I am excited again haha. I do agree this Mac may not be the best for the job, but is the one I got for free because of my job so for the time being is the one I will be using before I invest on a proper MacPro, which I may if I see a good sale sometime.

I have a lot to learn on Logic, I am really a rookie when it comes to producing, bought the komplete plugins/virtual instruments and am just starting to see this whole producer world is so vast I think I better take it step by step. If anyone knows of good resources for learning logic even if not free, the links are welcomes and appreciated.

Now on to polish my track! Thanks a lot, again Pacenter!

My audio file plays fine on garageband but gets muted mid-song on logic

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.