Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook trackpad lower corner clicks not working

We have 2 identical Macbooks (Retina, 12", Early 2015). On one, the lower corner clicks worked correctly and on the other, no response. In researching, I saw something about the 'secondary click' having to be turned on in Preferences under Trackpad. I did this to the one that was working correctly and the clicks stopped working. I turned it off and it did not go back to working again, even after a reboot.

MacBook, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jul 9, 2019 8:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 12, 2019 7:13 AM

After a few days and not getting any replies, I dug into it a little more. What I found was that I missed the 'drop down' associated with the 'secondary click' in the Trackpad setup screen. In there was a choice to make the bottom right or bottom left corner of the pad to respond to being pressed. I set up the lower right corner which now, once again, does what the right mouse click does.

So, to whomever is in charge, they can close this thread.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 12, 2019 7:13 AM in response to DocData757

After a few days and not getting any replies, I dug into it a little more. What I found was that I missed the 'drop down' associated with the 'secondary click' in the Trackpad setup screen. In there was a choice to make the bottom right or bottom left corner of the pad to respond to being pressed. I set up the lower right corner which now, once again, does what the right mouse click does.

So, to whomever is in charge, they can close this thread.

Macbook trackpad lower corner clicks not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.