Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod Classic

My iPod Claasic 160gb late 2009 can’t play this song, when I played this song, it immediately switched to the next song. Please help me to play this song (which hightest audio quality this ipod support). Thanks you.

iPhone 5s, 12

Posted on Jul 9, 2019 10:44 PM

3 replies

Jul 10, 2019 3:48 PM in response to Thailamy

Hey Thailamy,

I see that you're having some trouble with a specific song not playing on your iPod classic.

I recommend trying to delete this song and adding it again. If you're not sure how to do this, the steps are under "To remove a song, video, or other item from iPod classic" in this manual: iPod classic Features Guide. When you're ready to add the song again, follow the steps right above it under "To add a song, video, or other item to iPod classic".

Have a great day.

Jul 12, 2019 11:16 AM in response to Thailamy

If I compare a typical wav file in my iTunes Library (but not on my iPod) with your file, here's what I see; first my figures, then yours:

• sample size: 16 bit (24 bit)
  • bit rate: 1411 kbps (9,216 kbps)
  • sample rate: 44.1 KHz (192 KHz)
  • file size: my six minute 19 second song - 63.7MB your 7 minute 12 second song - 474.65MB

The same song I use in my example above is only 6.2MB as an AAC file.

So although that file may be supportable by the Classic (and I'll take your word for that), perhaps the answer might be to use a lower bit rate and possibly a different format. You are asking a lot of your iPod which, given its age, if it has disc reading issues, may be asking a bit too much.

iPod Classic

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.