Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac 2013 late is too slow

Hello everyone,

I have an iMac Late 2013 using macOS Mojave

iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2013)
Processor: 2,9 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory: 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 1 GB

The problem is that the computer works too slow. I've made a read/write test and the results are not good.

The Blackmagic Disk Speed results are: around 40MB/s for read and write.

Then I've made a EtreCheck analyse.

The report:

I need an advice what can I do to speed up my mac. I know about SSD but this is not an option for now.

Thanks.

iMac 21.5", macOS 10.14

Posted on Jul 10, 2019 1:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 10, 2019 1:59 PM

Your Mac's number one issue is that its HDD is failing. Until you can replace it, you will not be able to do much, as far as, improving performance. Your first goal is to make sure you have a recent backup ... make one if you don't. You can forget about anything else for right now.

Once you do get the drive replaced, I suggest running another report and we can assist you with other areas for potential performance improvements.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 10, 2019 1:59 PM in response to PYovchevski

Your Mac's number one issue is that its HDD is failing. Until you can replace it, you will not be able to do much, as far as, improving performance. Your first goal is to make sure you have a recent backup ... make one if you don't. You can forget about anything else for right now.

Once you do get the drive replaced, I suggest running another report and we can assist you with other areas for potential performance improvements.

iMac 2013 late is too slow

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.