Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I safely play Minecraft on my MacBook Air without damaging it?

Hello! I just recently purchased a MacBook Air. I really enjoy the MacBook for its use of creative features, slick design and lightweight capacity. As a student, this is really important to me!

But, I do play Minecraft on my computer. I don’t play any other games really, just Minecraft from time to time.

However, when I loaded the game I noticed that it immediately started running the Air’s fan extremely fast. I don’t want to overwork the fan. I don’t know if this is because of the game or an issue with the computer I purchased.

Is this normal? If it is, is it okay for me to play Minecraft on this computer? I don’t want to damage it or significantly ruin its longevity. This computer was an investment for me.

Should I consider upgrading to a pro while I still can return the computer? Would that be a better investment for me?

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on Jul 10, 2019 2:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 10, 2019 2:11 PM

Minecraft is fully optimized for Macs and MacBooks, so don’t worry out playing it having any negative impacts on your device. Fans can run quickly, as they need to provide sufficient cooling.

If you are in doubt, schedule an appointment at a Genius Bar where they will be able to make sure it is working correctly and there isn’t an issue with the fan.

Theo

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 10, 2019 2:11 PM in response to katelynn131

Minecraft is fully optimized for Macs and MacBooks, so don’t worry out playing it having any negative impacts on your device. Fans can run quickly, as they need to provide sufficient cooling.

If you are in doubt, schedule an appointment at a Genius Bar where they will be able to make sure it is working correctly and there isn’t an issue with the fan.

Theo

Can I safely play Minecraft on my MacBook Air without damaging it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.