Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Gaming on Macbook Pro 2020

Hey there, I’ve recently purchased a new macbook pro because my last one (2014 model) was running slow, though it’s still completely usable. I’m hoping to keep this new for as long as the previous one, but recently started playing League of Legends on it. It runs the game fine but I was wondering if there is any possibility that gaming on the computer and having the fans go off so much will destroy the computer or reduce its lifespan? Thanks!

Posted on Aug 18, 2020 12:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 18, 2020 12:08 PM

The fans are what keep the silicon cool. Your computer can handle gaming just fine, as long as you Keep your Mac notebook within acceptable operating temperatures. If the fans can't keep it cool enough, your Mac will throttle back the CPU/GPU – in other words, your Mac will prioritize it's own safety over your gaming experience. So, game on!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 18, 2020 12:08 PM in response to Kathouzhang

The fans are what keep the silicon cool. Your computer can handle gaming just fine, as long as you Keep your Mac notebook within acceptable operating temperatures. If the fans can't keep it cool enough, your Mac will throttle back the CPU/GPU – in other words, your Mac will prioritize it's own safety over your gaming experience. So, game on!

Gaming on Macbook Pro 2020

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.