Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage alerts stopped

Suddenly today when my phone is locked I no longer receive iMessage alerts. I have made sure alerts are turned on, do not disturb is off and have tried restarting several times. I also installed the latest update (after this started happening). The tone comes through just fine if I am on the phone but not at all when it is asleep. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

iPhone 7, iOS 12

Posted on Jul 10, 2019 4:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 11, 2019 12:08 PM

Have you enabled "Deliver Quietly"

Watch the GIF

Manage notifications

To manage your notifications from the Lock screen or Notification Center:

1. Swipe left over an alert or group of alerts.
    • Tap Manage, then select from these options: Deliver Quietly: These notifications appear in the Notification Center, but don't show up on the Lock screen, play sounds, or show a banner or badge icon.
    • Turn Off: This turns off all notifications for a specific app. To turn this back on, go to Settings > Notifications, select the app, and tap Allow Notifications. 

You can also tap Settings to change your alert styles or alert settings for a specific app. 

Use notifications on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201925

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 11, 2019 12:08 PM in response to pldreier

Have you enabled "Deliver Quietly"

Watch the GIF

Manage notifications

To manage your notifications from the Lock screen or Notification Center:

1. Swipe left over an alert or group of alerts.
    • Tap Manage, then select from these options: Deliver Quietly: These notifications appear in the Notification Center, but don't show up on the Lock screen, play sounds, or show a banner or badge icon.
    • Turn Off: This turns off all notifications for a specific app. To turn this back on, go to Settings > Notifications, select the app, and tap Allow Notifications. 

You can also tap Settings to change your alert styles or alert settings for a specific app. 

Use notifications on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201925

iMessage alerts stopped

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.