Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to get events created in Calendar on iMac to sync to iCloud?

No event I create in Calendar on my iMac will sync to iCloud, thus those events do not appear in Calendar on my iPhone, iPad or iCloud.com. Events created on my iPhone and iPad do sync to iCloud properly and show up in Calendar on all devices including the iMac. Contacts I create on my iMac sync normally, so this problem is isolated to the Calendar app on the iMac.

I am signed in with the same Apple ID and password across all devices. All calendars shown on the iMac match those in iCloud and the other devices. I have tried unchecking and rechecking Calendar syncing in iCloud Preferences. I have tried signing out of iCloud on my my iMac and signing back in. None of those steps solved the problem.

What could cause the inability to sync new events created from only the Calendar on the iMac not to sync to iCloud?

What other steps could I try to fix the problem?

FYI, I'm running macOS Mojave 10.14.5.

Posted on Jul 10, 2019 9:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 11, 2019 5:45 PM

Tried creating a test event in a different calendar just in case the default calendar is corrupted. It synced to iCloud. Then went back to the default calendar and created another test event and it synced as well! Tried creating yet another new event in the default calendar. It synced too! Problem solved. Magic! Not sure what was going wrong before.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 11, 2019 5:45 PM in response to Hersco

Tried creating a test event in a different calendar just in case the default calendar is corrupted. It synced to iCloud. Then went back to the default calendar and created another test event and it synced as well! Tried creating yet another new event in the default calendar. It synced too! Problem solved. Magic! Not sure what was going wrong before.

Jul 11, 2019 10:23 AM in response to Hersco

Export the calendar the events that are created inside it will also get exported , then create a new calendar and import the calendar , all the events from it will get merged , later on delete the corrupted calendar see this article https://support.apple.com/en-in/guide/calendar/icl1023/mac

Also you can create a new test user account and check the issue https://support.apple.com/hr-hr/HT204443

How to get events created in Calendar on iMac to sync to iCloud?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.