Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

colourful lines or green line on iphone x

i went beach and a line appeared on iphone x.

i went beach again it become two line

i went i went it become pipe.

why i pay for screen. new screen will be same.

ı dont want more apple product anymore.

iPhone X, iOS 12

Posted on Jul 11, 2019 12:28 AM

2 replies

Jul 11, 2019 1:20 PM in response to whitenovember

Hi, whitenovember,

From your post, I understand that after going to the beach, you noticed a white line down the side of your iPhone display. I'm happy to help!

While at the beach, it's possible the iPhone came into contact with water or sand, or excessive heat, that may have caused the issue with the display. These scenarios could have a similar effect on any electronic device that has a display, and I would encourage you to set a reservation and take it into an Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider to have it looked at. A Genius or Apple-certified technician can definitively determine the exact issue and steps to resolve: Apple - Find Locations

Your manufacturer warranty covers defects that are a result of manufacturing. If water, sand, heat, or other outside factors have caused the line down the display that would not be considered a manufacturing defect (as it was not caused during manufacturing). In that instance, the warranty would not cover the issue, however you may be able to get a repair done at a cost less than the purchase of a new device: iPhone Service Pricing - Apple Support.

Cheers.

colourful lines or green line on iphone x

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.