Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I exchange my maxed out £6,524 6Core i9 MacBook for the new maxed out 8core £4,914 one?

I bought a Maxed out MacBook Pro 15inch on January 29th 2019 for £6,524 (6Core 8th Gen i9, 32gb Ram, Radeon Pro Vega 20, 4TB SSD) & I still haven’t unboxed it since delivery. However I planned to do so this month but Apple have updated it to 8Cores & it’s now even cheaper (£4914) maxed out. everything is the same except the new 8Core processor and keyboard. I Should be able to exchange as mine is brand new in the box & cost £1,610 more than the current maxed out model? I don’t want to unbox mine when there is an updated processor available & also if I knew they would release ANOTHER update I would have waited till it came out. I am also an Apple regular customer & have so far spent £10,756 with them this year alone. An exchange would be much appreciated?

Posted on Jul 11, 2019 4:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 11, 2019 6:42 AM

If and only if you bought directly from Apple, you have 14 days to exchange or return what you bought, in the same country as purchase.

If you bought from a reseller, the reseller's pricing and policies apply, not Apple's.

7 replies

Jul 11, 2019 12:21 PM in response to ScopezSwanky

You were trying to maximize its value to get the hot new one. Giving it back to Apple is not a real option. So selling MAY be an option that would give you some value. if you choose that route, its top value is likely in an unopened box.

Like many who answer queries here, I am a divergent thinker. I try to suggest things you have not already considered.

You are free to accept or reject any suggestions as you see fit.

Can I exchange my maxed out £6,524 6Core i9 MacBook for the new maxed out 8core £4,914 one?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.