Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

APPLE TRADE IN-VALUE

I just bought a new MacBook Pro 2021 because I thought I could offset the cost of the new one. I have been going back and forth with Apple! Its a little crazy that apple instructs one to remove your data from old computer after you migrate your information. Then after shipping the trade in value goes to zero from $850. The computer was working great prior to shipping with photos to backup my claim. I have spent 5K on the new apple device but I am feeling very undervalued as a customer. I am thinking this will be last apple MacBook pro because of the customer service or lack there of. Not to mention the Touch Bar generation I bought was horrible. Anyone has a solution how to fight the trade in value?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.12

Posted on Dec 2, 2021 8:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 2, 2021 8:27 PM

A few things:

The value quoted is not the final value, which is determined by the trade-in partner and process. It's entirely plausible that the data you entered was incorrect or some other factor affects the value; that happens.

You could try selling it through a private party sale and see what you might get for the device. It's hard to know what the range is of possibility for a person-to-person sale.

You could ask for the decision to be reviewed and/or ask what made the value zero.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 2, 2021 8:27 PM in response to AngryOrchid323

A few things:

The value quoted is not the final value, which is determined by the trade-in partner and process. It's entirely plausible that the data you entered was incorrect or some other factor affects the value; that happens.

You could try selling it through a private party sale and see what you might get for the device. It's hard to know what the range is of possibility for a person-to-person sale.

You could ask for the decision to be reviewed and/or ask what made the value zero.

APPLE TRADE IN-VALUE

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.