Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Eliminating some autofill choices in a cell

When I click on a cell in Numbers (v. 6.1) on my iMac (v. 14.5) I get a large choice of autofills consisting mainly of the typos I made in the past. How do I edit the autofill in Numbers, to eliminate the choices that are obvious typos and other errors.

iMac 21.5" 4K, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jul 11, 2019 2:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 11, 2019 3:04 PM

Numbers gets its suggestions from the entries you have made in cells above or below in that same column.

If you see typos in the suggestions then you have typos in what you have entered above or below. Go through and correct those typos in the same column above and below and all will be well.

SG

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 11, 2019 3:04 PM in response to sburech

Numbers gets its suggestions from the entries you have made in cells above or below in that same column.

If you see typos in the suggestions then you have typos in what you have entered above or below. Go through and correct those typos in the same column above and below and all will be well.

SG

Jul 11, 2019 8:28 PM in response to SGIII

For example, when I start to type the word "Cash" in the fourth column on the last line of the spreadsheet for the item "Test," the drop down gives me the prior typo I made. There is nothing to correct above or below. (see last line of the spreadsheet below. Notice "Cash 7.59" is one of the choices, because I did not jump to the next column before entering the 7.59. This happened quite a while back. I corrected it in the cell at the time but "Cash 7.59" is always given as a choice.) I would like to know how to get rid of "Cash 7.59 as a choice in the drop down menu.

Jul 11, 2019 8:50 PM in response to sburech

You screenshot helps but it doesn't show the entire column. There are clearly cells above what is shown in the screenshot and there are cells below. Almost certainly you will find cash Cash (probably with an extra space after it) and Cash 7.59 in those cells you aren't showing. (And perhaps you have filtered your table or hidden rows so you can't see everything there?).

SG

Eliminating some autofill choices in a cell

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.