Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't delete an email from Keychain

I have two email address that will not delete from settings> password & accounts.

I can swipe left and manually delete but they always come back.

The email use to be my Apple ID but was replaced years ago.

This email is not a recovery email.

With Keychain turned off the emails will remain.

I can swipe left and manually delete but they always come back.

The only way to perm remove them is to sign out of iCloud and the phone.

If I sign in they come back.

Any idea of how to get rid of this issue?

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 12

Posted on Jul 11, 2019 4:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 19, 2019 5:25 AM

So I managed to sort this out all by myself after getting no help from telephone support or this community. Shocker.

It does seem that historic data of an old email is attached to older purchases of apps made when this email was in use.

Do take a note of Keychain passwords or lose them forever.

To solve the issue:

• Go to settings> Apple ID> iCloud
  • Individually turn OFF all apps under section "Apps using iCloud". Photos, notes & messages can remain ON.
  • As you turn OFF some sections you will receive a message to keep or delete from the iPhone, choose delete.
  • Once all sections are turned OFF go to Manage storage> Back ups> Delete the current back up.
  • Go to Settings> Passwords & accounts> Website & app passwords> Delete the email that cannot be removed.
  • Restart.
  • Individually turn ON all apps under section "Apps using iCloud".
  • Force the iPhone to back or lock and plug in for it to auto back up.
  • #YourWelcome
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 19, 2019 5:25 AM in response to scrappydez

So I managed to sort this out all by myself after getting no help from telephone support or this community. Shocker.

It does seem that historic data of an old email is attached to older purchases of apps made when this email was in use.

Do take a note of Keychain passwords or lose them forever.

To solve the issue:

• Individually turn OFF all apps under section "Apps using iCloud". Photos, notes & messages can remain ON.
  • As you turn OFF some sections you will receive a message to keep or delete from the iPhone, choose delete.
  • Once all sections are turned OFF go to Manage storage> Back ups> Delete the current back up.
  • Go to Settings> Passwords & accounts> Website & app passwords> Delete the email that cannot be removed.
  • Restart.
  • Individually turn ON all apps under section "Apps using iCloud".
  • Force the iPhone to back or lock and plug in for it to auto back up.
  • #YourWelcome

Can't delete an email from Keychain

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.