Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dictation

On my 2019 Macbook Pro, I cannot get Dictation to work in any program. I press the Function key twice and a tone sounds but no microphone appears. I have read numerous forums and threads, but nothing works.

Posted on Jul 12, 2019 7:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 13, 2019 6:19 AM

Hello NDHusker,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. It's my understanding that Dictation doesn't work on your MacBook Pro. You've come to the right place! The steps in the following resource can help:

If you can’t use Dictation or type accented characters on your Mac, or select emoji in the Touch Bar of your MacBook Pro

Let us know the results. Please include specific error messages and any other troubleshooting steps you may have tried.

Have a nice day!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 13, 2019 6:19 AM in response to NDHusker

Hello NDHusker,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. It's my understanding that Dictation doesn't work on your MacBook Pro. You've come to the right place! The steps in the following resource can help:

If you can’t use Dictation or type accented characters on your Mac, or select emoji in the Touch Bar of your MacBook Pro

Let us know the results. Please include specific error messages and any other troubleshooting steps you may have tried.

Have a nice day!

Dictation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.