Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Syncing iMessages from phone to Mac

Hi, Since BacktomyMac is no longer in use any messages/texts I send from my phone do not show on my Mac. All messages/texts I receive show on my Mac and all messages/texts I send from my Mac show on my iPhone. If I send an iMessage from my phone I just see 1 sided conversations on the Mac.

My iCloud appears to be working and all my sign-in are the same. I signed out and in of iCloud and messages on the Mac and the phone. Since what I do on the Mac appears on the phone it can't be that they are not syncing. Can anyone advise? Does anyone have the same issue since July 1, 2019?

Happy Summer!! Thanks, Lisa

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.13

Posted on Jul 12, 2019 10:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 13, 2019 10:31 AM

Hello lwdiscala,

Thanks for that info and for choosing the Apple Support Communities. If I understand correctly, you are unable to get all of the message that are on your iPhone on your Mac. To help with this, make sure you have Text Message Forwarding setup properly on your iPhone and Mac with the steps in this Apple resource:

How to forward text messages on your iPhone

Cheers!

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 13, 2019 10:31 AM in response to lwdiscala

Hello lwdiscala,

Thanks for that info and for choosing the Apple Support Communities. If I understand correctly, you are unable to get all of the message that are on your iPhone on your Mac. To help with this, make sure you have Text Message Forwarding setup properly on your iPhone and Mac with the steps in this Apple resource:

How to forward text messages on your iPhone

Cheers!

Jul 13, 2019 12:27 PM in response to Teddy_B

So you where correct. I found and turned on Text message forwarding. Looked like it would be good to go but, alas, still is not working. Text forwarding is on in my iPhone. Universal handoff works. The iPhone and Mac are both signed in to the same icloud address. I restarted the iPhone and Mac after I turned Forwarding on...

any more thoughts? Thanks a bunch!

Syncing iMessages from phone to Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.