Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Syncing messaging between iPhone and MacBook

Hi:

I'm trying to send and receive text messages on my MacBook. My 7Plus 15.1 and mac pro 12.0.1 are logged into the same AppleID. I turned off then on again iMessage. Messenges is open on my MacBook showing my current phone number but the messages are a year old. Contacts that are in my phone are not appearing in MacBook. Anyone know the fix?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Dec 29, 2021 7:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 29, 2021 7:43 PM

Check to see if the following settings are in place to sync your messages:

Mac

Messages > Preferences >iMessage >

In the top panel it should quote your Apple ID because you are signed in. In the line below that make sure that there is a tick in the box beside the label: Enable messages in iCloud

You could also choose the option to Sync Now over on the right hand side of the panel. This should update Messages on your Mac.

iPhone

Settings > Messages > Text Message Forwarding

"Allow your iPhone text messages to also be sent and received on other devices signed in to your iMessage account"

Phones seem to be the primary device for messaging (including SMS) so the links have to be made for computers to join the party.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 29, 2021 7:43 PM in response to EliasTate

Check to see if the following settings are in place to sync your messages:

Mac

Messages > Preferences >iMessage >

In the top panel it should quote your Apple ID because you are signed in. In the line below that make sure that there is a tick in the box beside the label: Enable messages in iCloud

You could also choose the option to Sync Now over on the right hand side of the panel. This should update Messages on your Mac.

iPhone

Settings > Messages > Text Message Forwarding

"Allow your iPhone text messages to also be sent and received on other devices signed in to your iMessage account"

Phones seem to be the primary device for messaging (including SMS) so the links have to be made for computers to join the party.

Syncing messaging between iPhone and MacBook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.