Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t log into iTunes account

Happily I’ve subscribed to Apple Music for years but suddenly I can’t log into my Mac iTunes account having logged out due to all my playlists being greyed out out and this is on two macs, iPhone and iPad still working fine.. help!

MacBook Pro 15”, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jul 13, 2019 7:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 14, 2019 7:04 AM

Good morning Pverburg!

I see that you're having some trouble logging in to iTunes on your Mac after logging out.

First, make sure that the issue isn't with the Apple ID and that you can sign in successfully with both the Apple ID and password here: Manage your Apple ID - Apple. This will rule out any issues being with the account. If you're not able to log in, follow the prompts to reset your password then try logging in again on the Mac.

If you're able to log in successfully using the web browser but still not able to in iTunes, let us know the error message that you receive when you attempt to log in.

Take care.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 14, 2019 7:04 AM in response to Pverburg

Good morning Pverburg!

I see that you're having some trouble logging in to iTunes on your Mac after logging out.

First, make sure that the issue isn't with the Apple ID and that you can sign in successfully with both the Apple ID and password here: Manage your Apple ID - Apple. This will rule out any issues being with the account. If you're not able to log in, follow the prompts to reset your password then try logging in again on the Mac.

If you're able to log in successfully using the web browser but still not able to in iTunes, let us know the error message that you receive when you attempt to log in.

Take care.

Can’t log into iTunes account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.