Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i disable the any key startup on the MacBook Air 2019

the MacBook Air 2019 starts if any key is pressed, even if completely shut down. How can I disable this feature? I want only the power button to start the laptop.

MacBook Air

Posted on Jul 13, 2019 8:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 14, 2019 4:47 AM

As stated previously, MacOS currently has no known way of turning this annoying feature off, but you can turn off the gimmick where if you open the lid when your Mac is powered off then it boots up, by entering "Sudo nvram AutoBoot=%00" into your terminal app. You can also revert this by entering "Sudo nvram AutoBoot=%03" also into your terminal app. Hope this sorta helps until Apple gets their crap together :/

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 14, 2019 4:47 AM in response to eugenefern

As stated previously, MacOS currently has no known way of turning this annoying feature off, but you can turn off the gimmick where if you open the lid when your Mac is powered off then it boots up, by entering "Sudo nvram AutoBoot=%00" into your terminal app. You can also revert this by entering "Sudo nvram AutoBoot=%03" also into your terminal app. Hope this sorta helps until Apple gets their crap together :/

how do i disable the any key startup on the MacBook Air 2019

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.