Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it possible to deactivate the “feature” that any keypress turns on (cold start) the MacBook?

I just want to clean the keyboard with the computer safely turned off… (and no, I don't think that using an app that disables keyboard input is good alternative).

This has to be one of the worst design decisions ever. Also: what’s the purpose of the power key if all keys are power keys?

Posted on Jul 3, 2021 5:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 3, 2021 5:53 AM

Andreas Gysin wrote:

I just want to clean the keyboard with the computer safely turned off… (and no, I don't think that using an app that disables keyboard input is good alternative).
This has to be one of the worst design decisions ever. Also: what’s the purpose of the power key if all keys are power keys?

No, this is considered a feature, with no user preference.

The power key is also a force quit key if necessary...

Log out, sleep, wake, restart, or shut down your Mac - Apple ...

The way I do—when you are fully booted into your account, use the key shortcut: Control, Command Q

this will effectively lock your screen, and any input is is incidental until you enter your correct psswd to log-in.

You can submit your feedback and request using this link— Apple Feedback http://www.apple.com/feedback

How to clean your Apple products - Apple Support

Clean your Mac computer's screen or display - Apple Support

How to clean the keyboard of your MacBook or MacBook Pro ...

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 3, 2021 5:53 AM in response to Andreas Gysin

Andreas Gysin wrote:

No, this is considered a feature, with no user preference.

The power key is also a force quit key if necessary...

Log out, sleep, wake, restart, or shut down your Mac - Apple ...

The way I do—when you are fully booted into your account, use the key shortcut: Control, Command Q

this will effectively lock your screen, and any input is is incidental until you enter your correct psswd to log-in.

You can submit your feedback and request using this link— Apple Feedback http://www.apple.com/feedback

How to clean your Apple products - Apple Support

Clean your Mac computer's screen or display - Apple Support

How to clean the keyboard of your MacBook or MacBook Pro ...

Is it possible to deactivate the “feature” that any keypress turns on (cold start) the MacBook?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.