Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Delete photos from iPhone without iTunes

I have an iPhone 8 plus that has never been synced to a computer. I do not have iTunes and I don't have an internet connection currently, so downloading it is not an option. My iPhone is mad because it is almost out of storage and wants me to delete photos, but the delete icon is greyed out and it won't let me delete anything. Is there any way to fix this without a computer? My photos have all been backed up already.

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 12

Posted on Jul 14, 2019 9:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 14, 2019 10:31 AM

never been synced to a computer.

wants me to delete photos, but the delete icon is greyed out and it won't let me delete anything.

That the delete icon is greyed out is a sign those photos were synced to that phone using iTunes at some time in the past.

If this is true, other than erasing your entire device, you need to use iTunes to remove them.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 14, 2019 10:31 AM in response to lissy289

never been synced to a computer.

wants me to delete photos, but the delete icon is greyed out and it won't let me delete anything.

That the delete icon is greyed out is a sign those photos were synced to that phone using iTunes at some time in the past.

If this is true, other than erasing your entire device, you need to use iTunes to remove them.

Delete photos from iPhone without iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.