Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleting old photos from iphone

Can anyone tell me how I can delete older photos from my iphone? The trash bin is greyed out on older photos which I've saved on my computer and need to be deleted. I do have the ability to delete newer photos. Is it something to do with itunes?

iPhone 8, iOS 14

Posted on Jan 26, 2021 1:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 26, 2021 1:18 AM

Hello. If they are synced via iTunes or Finder (depending on Mac OS version) then you’ll need to connect your phone back up to your Mac and deselect the option to sync photos. The steps to do this can be found in this support page

Keep your photos safely stored and up to date on all of your devices - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 26, 2021 1:18 AM in response to suzannefromhendon

Hello. If they are synced via iTunes or Finder (depending on Mac OS version) then you’ll need to connect your phone back up to your Mac and deselect the option to sync photos. The steps to do this can be found in this support page

Keep your photos safely stored and up to date on all of your devices - Apple Support

Deleting old photos from iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.