Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Scam calls?

I am getting multiple calls a day warning me not to use any of my apple devices and to call an 800 number. Literally some of these calls come twenty minutes apart and often three in a row. I’m assuming at this point that they are phishing or scam calls, but I’m wondering if anyone else is having this issue and how to stop these calls.....

iPhone XS Max, iOS 12

Posted on Jul 15, 2019 9:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 15, 2019 9:23 AM

Yes, it's phishing. This has been going on for a long time. Not much you can do about it except do not answer the calls if you do not recognize the caller.

Avoid phishing emails, fake 'virus' alerts, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

You can also check with your carrier to see if they have a blocking service. If the number is the same all the time you can block that number yourself.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 15, 2019 9:23 AM in response to jhalps

Yes, it's phishing. This has been going on for a long time. Not much you can do about it except do not answer the calls if you do not recognize the caller.

Avoid phishing emails, fake 'virus' alerts, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

You can also check with your carrier to see if they have a blocking service. If the number is the same all the time you can block that number yourself.

Scam calls?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.