Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ITunes Play List on Windows Desktop - How many tracks

Hi

I am trying to create a playlist from the 2000 odd tracks currently in my ITunes account and for some reason when i close Itunes it only retains the first 8 tracks and dumps the rest. Must be a simple reason, but i cant work it out - any suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks

Posted on Jul 15, 2019 4:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 18, 2019 3:31 PM

Awesome tt2.

Your first 2 points didn't work. however your last point re creating a new library (which i had no idea what to do) has worked a treat. Although is struggled to find where my complete music library was. (I'm commercial network with servers and IT managers who i didn't want t involve). I kept on ending up with a very much reduced library (100 or so tracks) for some reason

Anyway i eventually found it and its all sorted now with my complete library and free to create 'favourite' Playlists thanks to you

Cheers

bjdehaan

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 18, 2019 3:31 PM in response to turingtest2

Awesome tt2.

Your first 2 points didn't work. however your last point re creating a new library (which i had no idea what to do) has worked a treat. Although is struggled to find where my complete music library was. (I'm commercial network with servers and IT managers who i didn't want t involve). I kept on ending up with a very much reduced library (100 or so tracks) for some reason

Anyway i eventually found it and its all sorted now with my complete library and free to create 'favourite' Playlists thanks to you

Cheers

bjdehaan

Jul 16, 2019 11:35 AM in response to Bjdehaan

Hi Bjdehaan,

It sounds like you're having trouble creating a playlist, and I want to help.

Are you trying to use a Smart Playlist, or is this for a Playlist?

You should be able to follow the steps here:

Create and share playlists - Apple Support

Have you tried adding less than the total amount of tracks but more than the 8 that are retained?

As a test, what happens if you create a new Playlist with10 tracks for example?

Let me know if that helps. If not, let me know which version of Windows and which version of iTunes you're using, and I'll try to help.

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

Jul 16, 2019 11:15 PM in response to Leanne_68

Thanks Starr.C,

The plot thickens. I thought i'd create another playlist and try again and discovered that when I shut Itunes and reopen, it doesn't save the new playlist at all - It just disappears all together. This probably explains the '8 track limit' on the Playlist i was trying to progressively build.

Although i have a number of playlist saved already, It is now dumping anything new when shutting down

No idea what's going on

My Operating system is Windows 10

Jul 17, 2019 4:01 PM in response to Bjdehaan

Try right-clicking the iTunes shortcut and use Run as administrator then close iTunes once it has fully opened.

Try holding down ctrl+shift when launching iTunes to run it in iTunes Safe Mode, again close iTunes once it has opened.

Now run iTunes again and see if you can make a playlist change that can stick.

If that doesn't work you can hold down shift when launching iTunes and use the create option to make a new test library and see what happens in that.

tt2

ITunes Play List on Windows Desktop - How many tracks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.