Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Correct way to clean oily finger marks from a MacBook keyboard

Hello all

I've had my 2018 MacBook Pro for about seven months and oily finger marks have now started to accumulate on the keyboard. Formerly I used iMacs so my MacBook experience is limited. I have been trying to work out the best way to clean off these marks but there is a lot of confusingly contradictory information on the internet - some people suggest medical/ rubbing alcohol for example, others say this is a definite no no that could cause damage or even brick the machine altogether. Cleaning debris from the keyboard is pretty straightforward with a air duster but I really don't know what to do about the finger marks and would appreciate any informed advice

MacBook Pro

Posted on Jul 16, 2019 3:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 16, 2019 3:37 AM

Use a lint-free cloth, very slightly damped; wrap it round your finger and carefully clean one key at a time.

1 reply

Correct way to clean oily finger marks from a MacBook keyboard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.