Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Missing music

I am missing music from my itunes library on my phone.

In setting, iCloud Music Library is switched on.

Posted on Jul 17, 2019 5:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 19, 2019 2:00 AM

I’m afraid there isn’t much that can be done, if you don’t want to re-purchase the missing music. It isn’t retrievable if you do not have a backup. If it is retrievable, and you have the tracks in iTunes on a computer, then you can re-upload them to make them available again through iCloud Music Library.

It is advised that users make a backup for their music collection, for the part that is not Apple Music subscription content.

Access your music collection on all of your devices with Apple Music - Apple Support

“Apple Music is not a backup service. Be sure to back up your iOS devices, and your Mac or PC, so that you have a copy of your music and other information if your device is ever replaced, lost, or damaged.”

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 19, 2019 2:00 AM in response to guy_pie

I’m afraid there isn’t much that can be done, if you don’t want to re-purchase the missing music. It isn’t retrievable if you do not have a backup. If it is retrievable, and you have the tracks in iTunes on a computer, then you can re-upload them to make them available again through iCloud Music Library.

It is advised that users make a backup for their music collection, for the part that is not Apple Music subscription content.

Access your music collection on all of your devices with Apple Music - Apple Support

“Apple Music is not a backup service. Be sure to back up your iOS devices, and your Mac or PC, so that you have a copy of your music and other information if your device is ever replaced, lost, or damaged.”

Jul 18, 2019 12:50 AM in response to Urquhart1244

I am missing some, mostly my old CD's that I uploaded years ago. I then sold them thinking they safe in iTunes.

Spoke with Apple yesterday and they advised that licenses can change and to re-upload the old CDs.

I can't. I sold them years ago.

I am so upset but nothing can be done.

They were mostly CDs bought when CDs were first ever introduced to the British market.

I was advised to pay £10 a month for a streaming service, but it's not worth it, as I hardly ever listen to music on my phone.

Anyway, thank you for responding to my query.

Missing music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.