Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can´t enter my system pin on my locked mac by iCloud

Yesterday testing the iCloud feature I decide make a test erasing my MBP from iCloud. All works fine up to this point. iCloud show me the MBP position on the map but now start the real problem:

• First that all: is not a stolen Mac or used Mac, is my Mac. Also I have the 6 digit PIN code that I created when I erased my Mac and locked from iCloud.
  • On iCloud I not have any "unlock" function, only I have available the option "Play sound"
  • On this MBP the screen request me "Enter your system lock PIN code to unlock this Mac" and the six (6) field to enter the code.
  • Mac keyboard works fine, I also tried with a external Mac keyboard with same results.

Again, I have this PIN code, but can´t type anything on this field. Any keystroke results in nothing. Looks like frozen screen, but the mouse pointer works perfectly, that mean that is not frozen.

Any idea? thanks!

MacBook Pro 13", OS X 10.11

Posted on Jul 17, 2019 5:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 18, 2019 3:34 PM

Update: finally, after various attemps, looks that exist some problem with my old MacBook Pro and the iCloud or the time that take to the iCloud to recognize or "sinchronize" that I already enter the correct PIN. I say this because I created a USB Drive with El Capitan and after boot with this start the installation process again. Inmediatelly after install, I connected the iCloud app and now all works fine and I recovered my MBP again :) Thanks for your help @tygb, disable the firmware password protection was helpful also.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 18, 2019 3:34 PM in response to airbon3

Update: finally, after various attemps, looks that exist some problem with my old MacBook Pro and the iCloud or the time that take to the iCloud to recognize or "sinchronize" that I already enter the correct PIN. I say this because I created a USB Drive with El Capitan and after boot with this start the installation process again. Inmediatelly after install, I connected the iCloud app and now all works fine and I recovered my MBP again :) Thanks for your help @tygb, disable the firmware password protection was helpful also.

Jul 17, 2019 1:17 PM in response to tygb

Thank you!

I already removed/disabled the firmware password protection. But the problem still there.

I could install it from a USB drive that I had the Maverick, but when I try install the El Capitan, again the message of "Enter your system lock PIN code to unlock this Mac" and again can´t type anything. The good is now not ask me for the pin when try use other drive. Also after installed the Maverick, and run the computer normally, again after few time the iCloud lock again my computer with the same pin that I insert on first erase :(

Any way to definetively remove this lock?

Can´t enter my system pin on my locked mac by iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.