Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

System PIN lock appeared for no reason

I was using my MacBook and I was logged in to my profile, when suddenly the MacBook restarted and is now asking me for a 4 digit PIN code. Please Help!

Posted on Aug 2, 2022 10:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 2, 2022 12:20 PM

It sounds like your Mac is being remotely Find My Mac locked. Do you know any unlock code, have you set that up in the past?

You can try that.

Do you have the MacBook bought second hand? Maybe the original user made a mistake by locking it?

You can ask apple support for help but they will not help you without original proof of purchase documents

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 2, 2022 12:20 PM in response to unknowncode08

It sounds like your Mac is being remotely Find My Mac locked. Do you know any unlock code, have you set that up in the past?

You can try that.

Do you have the MacBook bought second hand? Maybe the original user made a mistake by locking it?

You can ask apple support for help but they will not help you without original proof of purchase documents

System PIN lock appeared for no reason

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.