Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't sync 11" iPad Pro using USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter

Hello. I have an 11" iPad Pro and purchased an Apple USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter. I plug the adapter's USB-C cable into the iPad. The HDMI port is connected to a computer monitor and it works fine. The USB-C port on the adapter is connected to the charger that came with the iPad -this also works fine. However, I have a USB cable connected to the adapter and plugged into the USB port on my computer (Windows 10 PC) and the computer does not see the iPad for me to sync with iTunes. If I run a USB-C to USB cable directly from the iPad to the same port on the PC, then it works fine. Does this Apple USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter support syncing with a PC? (Note: I also tried running a USB-C to USB cable from the USB-C port on the adapter to the PC and this also did not work for syncing).

Any help would be appreciated. My goal is to plug a single cable into my iPad (IE the Adapter) and have it connected to a monitor, a power source, and able to sync.

iPad Pro, 12

Posted on Jul 17, 2019 8:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 17, 2019 8:57 AM

Thank you BORg. Do you know if there is a Belkin (or another such) adapter that has the same functionality as the Apple adapter, but that DOES allow you to sync? or is this an iPad limitation? You mentioned a cable above, but i can already sync with a cable going directly from iPad to PC.

Similar questions

4 replies

Can't sync 11" iPad Pro using USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.