Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sync iPad Air 4 (USB-C) with MacBook Pro 2015 with no USB-C port

How do you sync a new iPad Air 4 with a USB-C port to a MacBook Pro 2015 model with no USB-C port and only a thunderbolt 2 or USB port?

Is there a way to do it wirelessly without physically connecting the iPad to the MacBook Pro?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.0

Posted on Nov 18, 2020 1:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 18, 2020 2:15 AM

my exp is one has to connect it the first time to enable wireless sync (last time I dabbled with it was itunes but assume the same with finder sync which has since replaced itunes on newer macs)

and my exp was it was only the itunes sync that worked over wifi not the import af photos to photos or image capture apps

you can use a ligthning to usb-a cable from any other device or purchase a new one or get a usb-c to usb-a converter

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 18, 2020 2:15 AM in response to StephanTerblanche

my exp is one has to connect it the first time to enable wireless sync (last time I dabbled with it was itunes but assume the same with finder sync which has since replaced itunes on newer macs)

and my exp was it was only the itunes sync that worked over wifi not the import af photos to photos or image capture apps

you can use a ligthning to usb-a cable from any other device or purchase a new one or get a usb-c to usb-a converter

Sync iPad Air 4 (USB-C) with MacBook Pro 2015 with no USB-C port

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.